Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Stimulating the Economy. Cajun Style.

Due to some major errors by the accounting department--such as paying people who don't exist large salaries out of my office's budget--my office has suddenly receive $12,000. Well not received...because that would imply we didn't have it to begin with. We...reclaimed $12,000. Here's the catch though. After an entire year of cutting costs like crazy, we now have less than 2 months to spend said $12,000 or--get this--our budget will be cut next year because we obviously don't need the money.

So we are stocking up on office supplies for the next 10 years. And by office supplies, I don't just mean paper and highlighters. I've ordered 3 laptops, a digital projector and screen, a scanner, and am looking for couches, conference tables, and a slew of other furniture.

That brings me up to $7,000. What to do with the next $5,000?

Today I proposed we buy:

-Office snuggies, embroidered with our logo.
-Shamwows for gift baskets to potential donors.
-Any amount of the following: OxiClean, Kaboom, Mighty Putty, the Awesome Auger, the Samurai Shark sharpener, Orange Glo, pedeggs, mighty mend-it, bedazzler, CLR, and Jupiter Jacks.

She rejected my proposal.

No comments: