Sunday, April 12, 2009

And when I die...

I've always had two preferred ways to dispose of my mortal remains once I'm gone. One, the less preferable way, is to have my ashes shot into space. Yes, you can do it. There are companies that even have rockets (large ones too) set up at your 'burial' to put on a show. Don't believe me? Boom: http://www.memorialspaceflights.com/

The second, preferred method, is direct burial into the ground. I want some non degradable mementos buried with me, and then some sort of fruit bearing tree planted directly on top of me. That way, when my great grandkids are eating "Grandpa Neil's apple pie" they don't know how literal their actions are.

Now, thanks to Explosm, I have a third way, possibly even more preferable than the rocket method. The pirate treasure method.


Preferably a treasure map will be created and hidden in the archives of a library.

Also, I want a note hidden in the chest mocking any treasure hunter.

Other death wishes:

I want a party, a large one, as my wake.

I'm serious about the tree thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If I'm still alive when you die - believe me - there will be a party.

:)

...no rush though.

Unknown said...

So I'm reading these posts in my Operations Management class...and one guy who is in the Coast Guard just used the phrase "Strap on" three times in the same sentence.

thought you might enjoy that.